Last updated 3/8/22
Utherverse, Inc. operates Utherverse.io, along with all affiliated websites and applications (“Utherverse.io,” “we,” “us,” “our,” “ours,” etc.). We strive to collect, retain, use, and disclose only the minimum amount of information necessary to allow you, the user, (“you,” “your,” “yours,” etc.) to access and use the services offered on Utherverse.io (“Services”), as you request them. As such, certain provisions of this Policy may or may not apply to you depending on the level of Services you access and/or use.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will collect, retain, use, disclose, and protect it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use Utherverse.io.By accessing or using Utherverse.io, you agree to this Policy and consent to our collection, retention, use, and disclosure of your information as described herein.
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this Policy at any time and in any manner. You should periodically check for any modifications by revisiting this Policy. A changed “Last Updated” date indicates that this Policy has been edited. The edited version supersedes any prior versions immediately upon posting. We will consider your continued use of Utherverse.io after we make changes to this Policy as your acceptance of the changes.
1. What Types of Information Fall Under This Policy?
This Policy applies to several types of information provided by you or collected by us, including (a) personally identifiable information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, credit and debit card numbers, and billing and shipping information; and (b) non-personally identifiable information that is about you but does not identify you individually, such as your age, gender, location, Internet connection, IP address, device ID, equipment, and usage details. We may associate non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information we collect in other ways.
2. How Does Utherverse.io Obtain This Information?
This information is provided by you or we collect it from you when you use the Services. This includes information provided by you or collected by us when you (a) register for, access, or use the Services, including any commercial transactions on Utherverse.io, (b) email, text, or otherwise communicate with us, and (c) interact with us through third-party social media platforms, advertising, and/or applications, if those third-party services link to this Policy. This Policy does not apply to information provided or collected by us offline or through any other means, or to information provided or collected by any third party.
We may collect this information automatically through your device, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Automatic collection of this information helps us to improve the Services by (a) estimating audience size and usage patterns generally, and (b) retaining information about your specific usage patterns, preferences, and searches to provide you speedier Services and customization according to your individualized interests.
3. Does Utherverse.io Collect or Use Information from or About Minors?
No, minors cannot use Utherverse.io. We prohibit anyone under eighteen (18) years old from using the Services. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from or about children, minors, or anyone under eighteen (18) years old, nor do we knowingly market to children, minors, or anyone under eighteen (18) years old. If you are under eighteen (18) years old, you must not submit information to us and must immediately leave Utherverse.io. If we learn that we have collected information from or about a minor, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe that we have information from or about a minor.
4. How Does Utherverse.io Use This Information?
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present Utherverse.io and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Utherverse.io;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, including but not limited to enforcement of the Terms of Service;
- To notify you about changes to the Services;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on the Services;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- To analyze traffic on Utherverse.io and the websites of third parties;
- To investigate and prevent unauthorized access to the Services, and other illegal activities;
- To personalize the Services’ content, features, or advertisements;
- To contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you;
- To allow Utherverse.io to display advertisements to its advertisers’ target audiences;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
5. With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that you provide or that we collect:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, joint venture, assignment, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred; and
- To any other party with your consent.
We may disclose personal information when we believe the third parties listed above need such information:
- To provide products or services to you;
- To administer Utherverse.io or other aspects of our business and Services
- To provide customer service;
- To update account information;
- To update account information;
- To respond to your communications and to communicate with you about Utherverse.io and activities related to the Services; or
- As otherwise authorized by you.
6. How Do Third Parties Collect and Use This Information?
We do not control how third parties collect or use of your information, but these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used by those parties.
7. What Choices Do You Have About This Information?
In some cases, you may be able to adjust your settings to refuse to accept automatic collection technologies, including:
- Browser Cookies: You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your other cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”): We do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com
If you disable or refuse any automatic collection technologies, please note that some parts of Utherverse.io may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
In some cases, you may access, correct, or remove your personal information by viewing, changing, or deleting the personal information in your profile or by contacting us at email@example.com. We may not accommodate a request to provide, change, or remove information if we believe providing, changing, or removing the information would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In the event such access, correction, or removal request is granted, we will use our best efforts to provide, correct, or remove any personal information under our control, subject to our discretion and/or applicable law.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, retention, access, use, correction, transfer, and removal of your personal data, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use that anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
8. Special Cases
It is our policy not to use or share the personal information about users in ways unrelated to those described in this Policy without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, we may disclose personal information, or information regarding your use of the Services for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including:
- To cooperate with law enforcement authorities, government agencies, and private-party litigants seeking information about our users to the extent required by applicable law, or if we are legally advised to do so; examples of such cooperation may include but are not limited to: lawful criminal, civil, or administrative process or discovery requests, subpoenas, court orders, writs, or reasonable request of authorities or persons with the reasonable power to obtain such process;
- To disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or other policies
- To operate our Services properly; or
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or the general public, including but not limited to disclosures for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. What Actions Does Utherverse.io Take to Secure This Information?
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. However, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through Utherverse.io. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures used by Utherverse.io.
10. What Happens to This Information If I Click a Link on Utherverse.io?
Utherverse.io may contain links to third party websites. Please be aware that we do not operate, control, or endorse third-party websites that may be linked on Utherverse.io, nor are we responsible for the content or privacy practices of those third-party websites. We disclaim any responsibility for the information on third party websites, and we do not make any warranties or representations that any linked website will function without error or interruption, that defects will be corrected, or that those websites or their servers are free of viruses or other problems that may harm your computer. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave Utherverse.io (or access third-party websites from within Utherverse.io Services) and to read the privacy statements of any third-party website that collects your information. Note, Utherverse.io does not control the browsers or settings of browsers accessed within the Services.
11. State Specific Rights
The following applies to you if you are a resident of California:
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits you to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may also opt out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third party for marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be advised that if you opt out from permitting your personal information to be shared, you may still receive selected offers directly from us in accordance with California law. Further, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 provides additional privacy rights and protections to California users; however, these additional rights and protections do not apply to us or your use of our Services, because we do not sell your data and/or because we do not meet the triggers set forth in the law.
The following applies to you if you are a resident of Nevada:
We currently do not sell data triggering the opt-out right requirements under Nevada Revised Statute Chapter 603A. Although we do not currently sell data, you may submit a Nevada opt-out request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org which we will honor if we sell data in the future.
The following applies to you if you are an international user:
This Policy is intended to cover collection of information on or through Utherverse.io within our home jurisdiction. Some countries may require stricter privacy policies than those described in this document. If you are visiting Utherverse.io from such a country, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the country where our servers are located and our central databases are operated. The data protection and other laws of our home jurisdiction might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our Services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy. When you provide personal information to us through the Services, you consent to the processing of your data in, and the transfer of your data to, our home jurisdiction or any other country in which we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers host these Services.
© Walters Law Group (2021). All rights reserved.